Out of the need of our children to get a quality education, we started a non-profit school in the rural town of Volcán, Panama. We want to offer education to the community, allowing growth and opportunity for as many people as we can.
Tierras Altas Academy is a non-profit, bilingual school that brings a new style of education and learning to Volcan and the surrounding communities. Our philosophy for the school is to provide a hands-on and a well-balanced international education.
Tierras Altas Academy provides an educational foundation that inspires, challenges, and empowers students to become confident and responsible global citizens.
Tierras Altas Academy is a fully bilingual international school that utilizes inquiry-based learning to encourage students to follow their passions and foster a lifelong love for learning.
- Building confidence and leadership in the students by providing the educational foundation needed to go anywhere in the world and pursue any career.
- Creating well-rounded individuals through a holistic educational approach.
- Promoting sustainability by living in harmony with nature.
- Serving the community through educational opportunities, outreach, and service.
- Encouraging respect for others by embracing cultural diversity.
Pre-kinder and Kindergarten English Teacher
Julissa Troetsch Cáceres